Saturday, May 30, 2009

HCEG Muirfield, Gullane, Scotland




What can I say? Muirfield is an awesome golf course. Every hole is memorable, partially because the holes seldom play in the same direction. The course was in great shape, and let me just say that the lunch in the clubhouse after the round was probably the best lunch I've ever had. The first hole played directly into the wind, and at 446 yards, par was out of the question. In fact, par was out of the question for most of the day, except for the par-threes, where for some reason I managed to par 3 out of 4 of the par-threes. I scrounged one birdie out of Muirfield, the par-five 17th (the wind was conveniently at my back). We had a lovely day at Muirfield, and did I mention how good the luncheon was? I was lucky to break 100, but it didn't matter; the golf course held my attention throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment