Monday, January 24, 2011

Trip of a Lifetime (Part One, Chapter Five)

V. Gullane Golf Club, East Lothian, Scotland

The next day we drive down to Gullane to play Gullane No. 1 and No. 2. It's quite a place. The view from Gullane Hill is quite the sight to see, with golf holes in every direction. You can even see Muirfield off in the distance. We meet local legend Archie Baird on the golf course, and I shake his hand. The very next hole I play I birdie. I think a bit of Archie's luck rubbed off on me. This is a famous layout of golf holes. Babe Didrikson Zaharias even played here. We chat with Archie after the round, and he gives us a tour of his famous Heritage of Golf Museum. He gives us some memorable quotes. We are chatting with him about handicaps, and how some sand bag, while others brag. He says "Ah yes, the classic battle between pride and greed." All in all it's a wonderful day, and I even managed to bag 3 birdies over 36 holes!

No comments:

Post a Comment